Straighten Your Smile With Invisalign at Dixon Family Dental
Straighten your smile without sacrificing style with Invisalign clear aligners — the clear alternative to traditional metal braces. With its innovative, virtually invisible design, Invisalign has changed the game for those seeking a comfortable orthodontic solution. These clear aligners at Dixon Family Dental can straighten your teeth without bulky metal wires, brackets, or significant lifestyle changes.
Find out how our Invisalign Diamond Provider, Dr. Darlene Dixon, helps her patients achieve their dream smile in as few as six months in our guide.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners are a type of orthodontic treatment used to straighten teeth. They’re made of transparent, flexible plastic material that’s custom-fit to the shape of a person’s teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible when worn and can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing.
The aligners apply gentle pressure on the teeth, gradually shifting them into the desired position. They’re a popular alternative to traditional braces for people who want to straighten their teeth discreetly and can reduce treatment time by nearly half.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign has several advantages over traditional braces, including:
- Virtually Invisible: Invisalign aligners use a transparent plastic material that blends in with the teeth, making them nearly invisible during treatment.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are removable for eating, brushing, and flossing, which is more convenient and hygienic than traditional braces.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are comfortable to wear and don’t irritate the cheeks or gums as metal brackets and wires can.
- Customized: We custom-fit each Invisalign aligner to the patient’s teeth, making the treatment more precise and effective.
- Shorter Treatment Time: In some cases, you can complete Invisalign treatment in a shorter time frame than traditional braces.
- No Food Restrictions: Since Invisalign aligners are removable, there are no restrictions on the types of food you can eat during treatment.
- Improved Oral Hygiene: Invisalign aligners don’t have wires or brackets that can trap food and bacteria, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene during treatment.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
The Invisalign treatment process typically involves the following steps:
The first step is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dixon, our Invisalign Diamond provider. She’ll first evaluate your teeth to determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment. If you’re a suitable candidate, the next step is to take impressions of your teeth, which we’ll use to create custom-fit aligners.
We’ll then create a treatment plan based on the impressions of your teeth and your specific goals. Our experienced provider will use 3D computer imaging to show you a virtual representation of how your teeth will move during the treatment process. Using the treatment plan and impressions, Invisalign will create a series of custom-fit aligners specifically for you.
Once you’ve received your aligners, you’ll wear each set for about two weeks before switching to the next in the series. You should wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours daily to ensure optimal results.
We’ll also schedule visits to Dixon Family Dental for regular check-ins to monitor your progress and receive your next set of aligners. The length of your treatment process can vary depending on the individual and the complexity of their case, but it typically takes between nine and 18 months to achieve your desired results.
As your treatment draws to a close, Dr. Dixon will have you visit our office for an appointment to ensure your teeth have moved to their precise positions. If you’re both satisfied with the results of the Invisalign treatment, we’ll create another custom aligner called a retainer that helps maintain your new smile in the years to come. You’ll wear this retainer each night while you sleep to keep your teeth looking and feeling perfect.
See Your New Smile in Seconds!
- Get your phone
- Open your camera
- Point it at the QR code
- See your new smile
Frequently Asked Questions
To keep your Invisalign aligners clean and clear, follow these steps:
- Rinse your aligners with lukewarm water after each use to remove any food particles or debris.
- Clean them with a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear soap or Invisalign cleaning crystals. Avoid using toothpaste, as it can scratch the aligners.
- Dry your Invisalign with a soft cloth before putting them back in your mouth.
- Store the aligners in their case when not in use to prevent them from becoming contaminated or damaged.
Dentists recommend regularly cleaning your aligners to maintain clarity and prevent odors or bacteria buildup. If you notice any discoloration or plaque and tartar buildup, you also can use Invisalign’s cleaning system or a solution specifically designed for clear aligners.
No, you should remove the Invisalign aligners before eating. Eating with the aligners in your mouth can damage them and lead to food particles becoming trapped between the aligners and your teeth. Dentists also recommend brushing and flossing your teeth before reinserting the aligners to maintain good oral hygiene.
Yes, you can still play sports while wearing Invisalign, but you should always wear a mouthguard to protect the aligners and your teeth. Contact sports, in particular, can cause damage to the aligners or even knock them out of place. Wearing a mouthguard will help prevent this and protect your teeth while playing sports.
In some cases, wearing Invisalign aligners may cause a temporary change in speech, such as slight lisping or difficulty pronouncing certain words. However, this is usually a minor and temporary issue, and most people adapt to the aligners within a few days to a week.