Dental Crowns in Southfield, MI
Our Southfield Dentist Can Restore Your Smile
Living with chipped, cracked, or unhealthy teeth can quickly impact your self-confidence and overall health. At Dixon Family Dental, our Southfield, MI dentist offers custom restorative dentistry solutions, including dental crowns, to restore the appearance and health of your smile.
Don’t continue to live your life with a damaged tooth. Schedule your appointment with Dr. Daniels-Dixon today by calling our dental office at (248) 552-0223. We’re committed to providing high-quality care to every patient that walks through our doors.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are custom-made tooth caps created to repair damaged, decayed, or unattractive teeth. A dental crown fully covers a tooth, preventing further damage and naturally blending into your surrounding smile. Our dental crowns in Southfield, MI, are customized to fit each patient’s needs, ensuring a comfortable fit with full functionality. In some cases, dental crowns are a stand-alone treatment, but they’re also often placed on top of a dental implant or used to secure a dental bridge.
What Can a Dental Crown Correct?
There are various dental issues that dental crowns can help correct. If you’re suffering from any of the following problems, you may be a good candidate for a dental crown:
- Broken or decayed tooth
- Chipped or cracked tooth
- Support a tooth with a large dental filling
- Secure a dental bridge or top a dental implant
- Improve the shape or color of a tooth
The Dental Crown Process
The dental crown process is completed at our Southfield dental office. In as little as two appointments, patients can achieve a beautifully restored smile. Here’s how:
- At your initial consultation, our dentist will evaluate your oral health, discuss your treatment goals, and determine if a dental crown is the best option.
- We’ll then prepare your natural tooth by shaping it to ensure the crown fits perfectly. You won’t feel any pain, as we’ll provide you with a local anesthetic beforehand.
- Then, we’ll take digital impressions of your tooth so the crown can be designed to match its color, shape, and size. We’ll provide you with a temporary restoration while your permanent crown is created.
- The creation of your crown will take around two weeks. You’ll then return to our dental office so Dr. Daniels-Dixon can place your custom dental crown. If you’re happy with the results, you’ll leave our office with a beautiful, healthy smile.
Dental Crown Care
With proper care, your dental crown lasts up to 15 years. When it comes to caring for your new dental crown, our Southfield dentist recommends the following:
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Floss daily
- Take caution when consuming hard foods like ice, candy, or nuts, as they can cause damage
- Consider a custom night guard if you grind your teeth at night
- Schedule routine dental cleanings and exams twice a year
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can’t whiten a dental crown. A porcelain crown is resistant to teeth whitening treatments. They’re designed to match the natural shade of an individual’s teeth. If you’re looking for a brighter smile, undergoing a whitening treatment before receiving a dental crown is recommended.
Dental crowns typically last around 15 years but have the potential to last up to 25 years with proper care. To increase the longevity of your dental crown, dentists recommend brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing daily, and maintaining regular dental visits for cleanings and exams at least twice a year.
The cost of a dental crown will vary depending on each individual’s circumstances. Factors such as the type of crown you need and whether your insurance offers coverage will affect the price. Your dentist will break down the cost of dental crown treatment at your initial consultation
No, getting a dental crown isn’t painful. Your dentist will provide you with a local anesthetic before the process begins, ensuring treatment is pain-free and comfortable. It’s normal to experience some mild discomfort after treatment is complete, but it should wear off quickly.
Visit Dixon Family Dental for Better Oral Health!
Ready to get in touch with our Southfield dental team and receive a restorative dental treatment that improves your smile? Our porcelain crowns are the perfect treatment for those looking to repair a broken tooth or want to correct a dental imperfection.
Schedule your appointment with our dentist by calling (248) 552-0223. You can also fill out our online contact form, and we’ll get back to you shortly.